If you need to move multiple calendar events to a different date, doing so on the calendar can be slow. You can use this method to change the dates of many calendar events in a more efficient way. You’ll use the import/export feature, and make the date changes in the Excel file rather than on the calendar.
To use this method, you will need administrator access to the calendar, in a web browser, so you can access the calendar settings.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings > Export Events.
- Choose the .csv file format. This will export your events in a spreadsheet format.
- Choose the calendars and date range for the events you wish to export.
- Export the events to the .csv file. See more details here.
- Open the downloaded .csv file and change the event dates in the appropriate column of the spreadsheet.
- Save the updated version of the spreadsheet.
- Go to Settings > Import Events.
- Choose the .csv file format to import your spreadsheet.
- Choose a new calendar name for the imported events. See more details here.
- Choose your updated spreadsheet to import the events back to the calendar with the changed dates.
Note: all events imported from a file will be put on a single calendar. If you wish to work with events from multiple calendars, you can repeat this process separately for each calendar, so that the events will stay on separate calendars.