American Ballet Theatre is a professional ballet company based in New York. Their mission is to create, to present, to preserve, and to extend the great repertoire of classical dancing, through exciting performances and educational programming of the highest quality, presented to the widest possible audience. Since its founding in 1939, The Company has made more than 30 international tours to 45 countries in order to share American ballet with the world. They need an efficient, accessible way to handle studio management among different programs and departments.
Studio management for many needs
“I have been experimenting with different scheduling / calendar apps, but it seems that Teamup provides the most of what we need.”
Miki Shintani La, Rehearsal Planning Manager, explained their need for efficient studio management: “We are a professional ballet company in NY, along with the school for students ages 3-18. We house 9 studios total, shared among different programs and departments (including outside rentals).”
Studio management includes rehearsal times, practices, classes, and more:
- approximately 90 professional dancers in the main company
- students of ages 3-18 (approx. 360 students during the school year + 500 during the summer)
- approx. 12 grad students
- different programs and departments, including outside rentals and outreach events
A streamlined system for studio management
“It is immensely efficient to have a streamlined system (our old way was having an excel spreadsheet that didn’t allow remote access) that is simple yet effective.”
Using Teamup for studio management helps ABT function in a more streamlined and convenient way. There’s no need to depend on spreadsheets that get out-dated and aren’t accessible. With all studio scheduling on the calendar, staff members save time they used to spend on communicating studio availability. There’s no need to call or email another staff member to find out availability. If there’s a request to book a studio, it’s easy to check the calendar and see when that studio is available.
What makes it work
Here are the ways Teamup works well as a studio management system:
- Different calendar views provide clarity of all studio availability at a glance. Scheduler view shows a side-by-side schedule for each studio for the day. Timeline view gives clarity for booking and availability for days or weeks at a time.
- A secure, read-only view of the calendar can be embedded into a website or shared directly with others as needed.
- Secure access to the calendar, with real-time updates, streamlines the scheduling process and avoids booking conflicts. With mobile apps for iOS and Android, staff can check or update the calendar anywhere, anytime.
- Color-coded sub-calendars make for a calendar that’s beautiful and easy to use.
Thank you, Miki, for sharing your story with us! We’re glad that Teamup can be a helpful tool for American Ballet Theatre.