Many users have shared with us how they use Teamup, what works well and what they wish to have and why. The ability to add comments to events was one of the frequently requested features. We’re happy to share that we have released this feature on the Web version for beta testing and it is available to all free and paid users.
How to use the Comments feature
The new comments feature can be enabled by the event creator as an option in the event editor:
Read more about how to use the new comments feature.
Use case examples
Possible uses of this new feature are diverse. Some examples:
- Before or after a conference call, participants may post comments for discussion, even if some of them only have read-only access to the respective sub-calendar, or even no access to the calendar but the event page only.
- Field crews with read-only access to jobs scheduled for them may add notes to the jobs directly therefore simplify conventional reporting processes.
- For organizations that work with many freelancers, the comments feature may bring a great addition to their work flow.
We use Teamup to schedule crew events. So the notes section is filled with information about the event. We love the comment section because it’s a different area that allows us to note communications and correspondences with our freelancers. Even though we share this Calendar, we know that the comments are just for those who have the correct permissions and that’s important to us. – Sean George, AVS
Share your experience
Once you have the chance to experience it first hand, we’d love to hear from you how you use it and what differences it makes for your organization. Feel free to drop us an email or use this form to share your story.
Great news for those of you who use iPhone and other iOS devices: You can now view your calendar in the month, week, or day views similar to those available on the web version. Update or download the new app now!
Check out this quick tutorial and make good use of what’s possible:
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a review on the App Store. Thank you!
Try the new PDF print:
- Click the menu icon in the top right
- Click Print
- Click PDF Print & Export (beta)
Because the formatting of the PDF print is done on the server side, the print result is independent of the browser the user is using, which has been the major source of print issues.
Last week we introduced the new look for events assigned to multiple calendars. We’re thrilled to receive feedback from countless enthusiastic users who love the new look.
Love the new look for multiple calendars having the same event. Saves space on my calendar! We are loving the calendar for our organization. It is saving us tons of emails and bringing the whole organization on the same page. Don’t know how we survived without it. Thank you!
– Jonathan Torres, Vice President/COO, Memphis Athletic Ministries
While the majority have been very pleased with the change, a surprising number of users raised issues with the new display and many went to great details explaining why the previous display with multiple single colored event entries worked better for their use cases.
We listened to all feedback carefully and agreed that there are many advantages of the previous look. After all, there are a million ways to use Teamup! We quickly decided to bring back the previous look and make it configurable. Our engineers worked hard and delivered at speed once more: A new version of Teamup has been released. Now the calendar administrator can choose the preferred look in Settings > General Settings: Continue reading New Configuration Option for Display of Events Assigned to Multiple Calendars
Have you been using Teamup’s unique feature of assigning one event to multiple calendars? If so, you may have noticed that these events are now displayed in stripes with the colors of the assigned calendars.
The new way of visualization offers some practical benefits, such as
- eliminating the duplication of event entries
- showing clearly which calendars are assigned to the event
- making better space allocation when hourly events are stacked horizontally
- displaying more title text in the day, multi-day and week views
- allowing more events to be displayed vertically in the multi-week, month, and year views
Enjoy the new look of your calendar. Please drop us a note in email@example.com if you have any feedback – we appreciate it!