Typical operations in a construction company require different roles to have access to the crew schedule with different access permissions, e.g. the department manager needs to schedule jobs, the crew members need to know when and where they need to be and what needs to be done, while the upper management needs to keep the oversight of all projects…
If your team uses Slack, the popular real-time messaging application, you may consider setting up Teamup-Slack integration, so that everyone can be instantly notified of changes on your Teamup Calendar via Slack channels.
We have updated the documenation to make it clearer about the two setup methods, one for group channels and one for private channels. For security reasons, it is recommended that only the calendar administrator should set up integrations for group channels on Slack. If you are a non-administrator user, you may use your own calendar link to set up the integration that will post notifications about your calendar changes to your private channel.
For calendar administrator: Go to Settings > Notifications, then add new Slack notifications. See details in the step-by-step guide for group channels.
Slack integration for private channels
For all Teamup users: Open the dropdown menu in the top right of your calendar, select Notifications, and click the Slack tab. See details in the step-by-step guide for private channels.
We’d love to hear your stories about how Teamup helps make you and your team better organized and more productive. Use this form or simply drop us an email at email@example.com. Thank you!
Teamup Calendar can help you organize the signup for an event. Signup is an option that can be activated inside the event editor for each event. If signup is activated, calendar users can sign up for an event with their name and email address. You as the event organizer can easily keep an overview of who have signed up.
Read more at http://calendar.teamup.com/kb/signup-for-an-event/
To see which languages Teamup supports, go to Settings to see the current list of supported languages:
Teamup supported languages
Teamup now supports the following languages in addition to English:
- Chinese (Traditional)
You can set your language as the default in Settings or append a link parameter just to see your calendar in your chosen language. Example: Append ?lang=fr to your link to see your calendar in French.
Try the new PDF print:
- Click the menu icon in the top right
- Click Print
- Click PDF Print & Export (beta)
Because the formatting of the PDF print is done on the server side, the print result is independent of the browser the user is using, which has been the major source of print issues.
Over the past weeks, we’ve released new versions of the Teamup iOS app. If you have not updated to the latest version, please do so.
Below are some of the recent usability improvements and bug fixes included in the recent releases. Check out the quick tutorial or experience for yourself!
- On the sidebar, the clickable area around the eye icon is bigger now, making it easier to toggle between showing or hiding events on the sub-calendars. Learn more about how to hide calendars as needed.
- In the event viewer, formatted text such as bullet list and bold text are styled properly.
- In the event viewer, images are resized proportionally if the originals are bigger than the size of the screen allows.
- In the event editor and viewer, the who and where fields are expandable to enter or display all information as needed
- In the event editor, the keyboard are hidden if no text input is expected
- Week numbers are displayed correctly regardless of the calendar’s week start setting.
- If multiple calendar links have been added to the dashboard, switching between calendars scrolls to the position that is on the top of the day, not at the current time of the day, so that all-day events will not be overlooked.
- Device language setting is correctly used to display date and time
- Deleting events will no longer trigger any error messsage
- Dashboard is now also accessible in the bottom of the sidebar
- Help info on how to use the dashboard is available on the dashboard
Thanks to all users who have sent us suggestions and bug reports. Your feedback is much appreciated!
Great news for those of you who use iPhone and iPad: A new version of the Teamup app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store for download!
- Events displayed in white text on solid color-background.
- Sidebar on the left with the list of sub-calendars, access to the dashboard, refresh, settings and feedback.
- Dashboard option to open calendar link in the browser directly from the app.
- Many UI/UX and performance improvements such as improved date picker, event view and editor, date number, current time indicated by a blue line, etc.
No Grid Views Yet, But Try a Workaround
Not available yet in this release are the grid views including day/week/month views. We do know that many of you have asked for these views and we are working on them. For now, if you really need to view or edit the calendar in a grid view, consider opening the calendar in the web browser on your device – this is now easier with the new version than before:
Step 1: Open the sidebar
Step 2: Click the dashboard icon
Step 3: Click the three dots next to the link that you want to see in one of the grid views.
Step 4: Select Open Link. Now your calendar opens in your default browser, e.g. Safari. For iPhone users, it is recommended to turn your phone to the landscape mode to minimize the limit of the current browser version being not fully responsive on mobile devices.
This approach could also help with those who need to create recurring events on the go as currently the apps are limited to edit existing recurring events only. Thanks for your patience!
Last week we introduced the new look for events assigned to multiple calendars. We’re thrilled to receive feedback from countless enthusiastic users who love the new look.
Love the new look for multiple calendars having the same event. Saves space on my calendar! We are loving the calendar for our organization. It is saving us tons of emails and bringing the whole organization on the same page. Don’t know how we survived without it. Thank you!
– Jonathan Torres, Vice President/COO, Memphis Athletic Ministries
While the majority have been very pleased with the change, a surprising number of users raised issues with the new display and many went to great details explaining why the previous display with multiple single colored event entries worked better for their use cases.
We listened to all feedback carefully and agreed that there are many advantages of the previous look. After all, there are a million ways to use Teamup! We quickly decided to bring back the previous look and make it configurable. Our engineers worked hard and delivered at speed once more: A new version of Teamup has been released. Now the calendar administrator can choose the preferred look in Settings > General Settings: Continue reading New Configuration Option for Display of Events Assigned to Multiple Calendars
Have you been using Teamup’s unique feature of assigning one event to multiple calendars? If so, you may have noticed that these events are now displayed in stripes with the colors of the assigned calendars.
The new way of visualization offers some practical benefits, such as
- eliminating the duplication of event entries
- showing clearly which calendars are assigned to the event
- making better space allocation when hourly events are stacked horizontally
- displaying more title text in the day, multi-day and week views
- allowing more events to be displayed vertically in the multi-week, month, and year views
Enjoy the new look of your calendar. Please drop us a note in firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback – we appreciate it!